Thursday 23 February 2012

Baby Booties




I'm going to be an Aunty soon and ever since I found out, I haven't been able to stop making adorable little baby booties. I was at it again yesterday, this time with some new fabrics that remind me of French kitchens in the summertime.





I like to make my booties with mix n match fabrics for maximum cute effect. Insides are always lined with something snuggly so it's nice and soft against baby's little feet. These ones are for 0-6 month olds, the soles measure 10cm in length. 




I like to make the front slightly square shaped so there's plenty of wriggle room for the little toes inside. The elasticated casing keeps the booties securely in place so they are less likely to get kicked off.




Im really exited to be making a series of 'how to' video tutorials at the moment. I'm currently working on a baby bootie tutorial so if you fancy having a go at making these puppies then be sure to check back soon to see my step by step video showing you how to do it. Otherwise you can find a whole selection of ready-made booties in my Etsy or Folksy shop. 



All my booties come in a pretty drawstring pouch making them a brilliant gift idea for expecting parents. Do you know someone who's having a baby soon? xx 

6 comments:

  1. Just found this post via Pinterest. Did you ever post the video tutorial? Would love to make these for my little boy due next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah,

    Thanks for your comment – glad you like the booties and congratulations that you are going to be a Mama soon. I'm also expecting my first baby boy in a few months too!!!

    I'm sorry but in the end I didn't get round to making the video tutorial I'm afraid, but I will add this to my list of things to do and let you know if/when I get round to posting it on this blog.

    Best wishes,

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wanted to make 12-18 mos sizes, do you have suggestions on how to increase the size of your template? These are so cute and functional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, glad you like them! I haven't published a template for these unfortunately but you could try adding a centimetre (or half an inch) to the circumference of each pattern piece... Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Agen Slot online mega88 Paling hebat deposit murah tentunya sediakan beberapa type permainan slot yang dapat dibuka serta dimainkan oleh semua bettor Indonesia dari diawali Spadegaming, Pragmatic Play, Playtech, TTG, Microgaming, Betsoft, serta Habanero. Semua permainan slot online mega88 ini pastilah dapat dimainkan oleh semua bettor karena sudah dirapikan pada sebuah situs sampai bettor cukup gunakan 1 user id semua game untuk memainkannya.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...